Saturday, April 18, 2015

Complete unfill

So this is what went down this past week:

Monday, I noticed that I was having more restriction than normal. I had trouble with cream of wheat at breakfast, and soup at lunch. I ate dinner without any issues. I chalked it up to my impending aunt flow visit. I stepped on the scale and it was exactly 349.0.

Tuesday, nothing stayed down. Hot tea didn't help. Water was a fail. Still not worried, it happens on occasion. I figured by dinner, I would be fine... But I wasn't. Went to bed, tired, hungry, and thirsty fighting a migraine the size if Texas.

Wednesday, I woke up with the migraine, plus my teeth hurt from clenching them against the pain. Every attempt to eat or drink was meet with resistance. I resorted to sliders just to get something Anything down. Ice cream, Powerade Zero... Nothing would go through. And now I have pain. Everything in came right back out.

Thursday, I hurt all over. My head was now the size is the entire continent of Europe. My stomach hurt from throwing up. I wasn't able to sleep because I was vomiting in my sleep... So I sat up on the couch all night with a bottle. I called my surgeon from work, and they couldn't see me until Friday unless I went to the ER. They told me to get 4 oz of fluid and hour... Which I did, but then it would come back up tinged with blood. I was worked in on the schedule for Friday.

Friday, I felt like death, but I had a conference for work that I had to go to. So I made myself shower and go... I ate ice chips and sipped Powerade Zero. I threw up twice. I didn't trust myself to drive, so the ELB drove me... Which I was OK with because I didn't want to go to the doctor alone.  I left at 10:30 to get to my surgeon. I had to wait two hours to be seen, every minute agony. I stepped on the scale and it said 332.8. I lost 16 lbs from dehydration, and my surgeon wanted to give me an IV. I just wanted to leave.

So now I am at home working on rehydration. Liquids and softs. Lots of water, but I really want a diet Pepsi loaded with ice. I had some mashed potatoes, but I'm afraid to try anything else.

Two months to keep myself on track, heal my stomach, and hopefully not regain a ton of weight. My insurance is changing, so I don't know if my new plan will provide any coverage for bariatric services.

Either way, I will deal with it as it comes.

Happy Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment