Saturday, July 18, 2015

On being vegetarian

I'm still doing the vegetarian plan.... It's been since June 8, and I've stuck with it.

I made it through my period. And now it's been almost 6 weeks. And this is what I've learned:

1. Not all restaurants are vegetarian friendly.

2. It's very easy to be lazy and slip into making poor food choices.

3. I'm really glad that I can still eat cheese, but eggs do not like me at all.

4. Eating vegetarian is more expensive because you have to buy alot more fresh fruits and vegetables.

5. I'm still very very gassy, even this far in.

This past week, I had two work lunches. One to view a room and menu for the holiday party in December, and the other was a working lunch for management. The holiday party venue was a very nice upscale chain restaurant that is known for their seafood. Unfortunately, there is not a single vegetarian option on their menu. However, they were very nice and modified a pasta dish for me.

The work lunch was ordered in, and my only vegetarian option was a grilled cheese sandwich--mainly because I didn't want pasta two days in a row. See what I mean about making good choices? It's very hard sometimes, especially when your choices are limited. We will be having our holiday party at that location, and l have to figure out what I get to eat since every entree ordered for the dinner contains beef, chicken, or seafood.

With going to the gym more, I'm not getting home until later at night... Sometime not till 8pm. Dinners have turned into convenience. Morningstar chipotle black bean burgers and buffalo 'chicken' patties are great and delicious, but boring after a while. But prep for meals takes time. Plus, I think I'm finally getting some restriction with my band, especially after a zumba/kickboxing night in which I work out for over 2.5 hours. By the time I get home, I'm starving, but I can't eat as much as I think I can.

I plan to try to stick with this meat free life for as long as I can. It's so much easier now than it was. I do feel healthier, and someone at work told me that my skin looked great and was glowing. I chalk it up to the daily chia seed pudding.

Happy Saturday, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment