Sunday, July 13, 2014

Blah blah blah

Busy week last week. I can finally get back to the gym this week. I was up 1.6 lbs Friday but I'm having a period from hell so that's to be expected. I also had a migraine yesterday.

I've been missing my mom alot lately. Both her birthday and my birthday are in August, one day apart... So I think that that's it's partly maybe the passing of another year.

I made a butter pound cake last night from her recipe. It was more theraputic ...measuring, mixing by hand... Escape for my brain. The batter turns this most beautiful golden yellow color and it's so thick and smooth. But it takes time to do it properly... And then a whole hour to bake.

I tried a small piece today but I'm rocking restriction so I limited myself. It was delicious.

There are alot of physical things from my mom that I'll probably lose or misplace or break as I get older... But the appreciation for a beautiful cake batter will never be one.

1 comment:

  1. The way you describe that cake batter makes me wish that you could send me a piece of this delicious artform of a cake.

    I bet your mom smiled down on you at how precise and methodical you were being so that it would taste just like hers. <3 I always feel a tug at my heart for you when you talk about your mom, but I hope you know she is definitely proud!

    ReplyDelete