Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Does unfill = failure ?

So tonight, I got my first adjustment in almost a year.

My surgeon took out 1 cc, and dropped my restriction from 6.5 to 5.5. I had to negotiate to have him stop at just one. He wanted to do 1.5, but I was afraid that I would lose all progress. I weighed in at 327.4 tonight. That's just over 100 lbs from my very first appt in august 2012.

So, my goal is to work on basics. After two days of liquids, I can transition back to the way I'm supposed to be eating. Solid protein. I'm excited to be able to hopefully eat the way that I'm supposed to eat, and not dread every meal ending with pb and slime. I'm excited to be able to hopefully drink water without issues. I want this to work, and I don't want to feel like a failure.

I'm supposed to weigh every week, and follow up in 4-6 weeks. But my surgeon is optimistic that is I've been too tight that I might actually lose weight now.

Fingers crossed this helps change things for the better.

1 comment: