Monday, October 27, 2014

Life goes on

About 10x a day since my unfill, I find myself arguing (with me) about what I should and should not eat, as opposed to what I can and cannot eat.

Getting fluid taken out is both liberating and SCARY. In the back of my mind is the constant chatter of "I can eat this, and this, and this", while the other half of my brain is going, " just because you can, doesn't mean you SHOULD".

So I try to make concessions to eat some of the things I want, while still being smart. For example, I've really wanted a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So I bought peanut butter, and I bought jelly. But instead of a loaf of bread, I got sandwich thins instead. I do NOT want to climb onto the carb-wagon, and then not be able to get back off.

This weekend, I feel like I ate and ate and ate, but when I look at what I actually consumed, it doesn't seem that bad. I think that the fact I'm eating and it's actually STAYING down is what I need to adjust to. It's been so long since I've been able to enjoy a meal without a PB bottle in my hand that I've forgotten how the LapBand is supposed to act.

Things that I am making my goal this week:
1. Chew, chew, chew. I really need to chew more thoroughly before swallowing. When I don't chew enough, I can feel things passing through Donny, and I know that I'm causing potential swelling issues.
2. Portion control. I'm going to work on controlling my portion sizes, so that I'm eating the right size portion for my Band.
3. Drinking with meals. The past few days, I've rediscovered eating and drinking together. I need to get that back under control, but honestly I think that I've been so dehydrated for so long that my body wants water ALL the time. But that's a goal to fix this week.

So, happy Monday WLS peeps. Here's to a new start to a new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment