Saturday, September 6, 2014

I did it...

Despite all of the obstacles to the contrary on Friday... A splitting migraine, a period from hell (with nonstop cramps and 6lbs of bloating), and just general tiredness from a long (even though it was short) week in which the Very Last Thing I wanted to do on a Friday night was go to the gym.... I went to the gym.

The gym owner had been planning to try out a throwback floor/step class, so me and 4 of the girls that I take zumba with were asked to participate. I knew that if I backed out that it would look like I wasn't interested... So I made myself go.

And I'm so glad I did! For the time the class went on, I was able to forget about my cramps, my headache faded into the background, and I think I sweated out 3 lbs of bloat.

All in all a success. Even more so if the owner decided to offer this class on Friday nights on the future. It's a change and it was fun and I plan to go if they offer it again.

Today I'm miserable again. Aunt flow is kicking my ass. It was so bad that I actually went back to bed this morning for an hour and prayed for the pain to stop.

It didn't stop but at least I'm able to function.

1 comment: