Saturday, September 6, 2014

It's a matter of taste

I'm about 1.5 years into my LapBand journey.

Lately, I've noticed that some things that I used to eat a lot and that I loved... No longer taste good.

1. Smart Balance--i have used smart balance for eating and cooking instead of butter for about 10 years, when my parents stated using it. I don't buy anything else... But now it tastes weird. Now I can detect a chemical undertone in every bite.

2. Turkey burger-- I've been on the turkey instead of beef burger train since college... So almost 20 years. Now, whenever I cook with it, it just tastes... Different. I've started using other things like ground chicken or ground pork instead.

3. Tapioca pudding--this has always been a favorite, but I picked up some of the pudding cups the other day, and again.. It just tasted off. Not bad, but not as good as I thought it would.

4. Coffee--I'm a late to life coffee drinker, and ive been good with it... Then one day, I woke up and just didn't want it any more.

These aren't all the things that taste off, or different, or weird.. But just ones that I've noticed lately.

Have any of you had this phenomenon? I'm wondering if it's just part of the LapBand experience.

2 comments:

  1. I've definitely had changes in my taste. I used to LOVE french fries, but now I only like them okay. I would just rather have a baked potato. Plus, I have a change for the better when it comes to veggies. I like such a wider range of clean foods now. They taste better as you chew them down, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am that way with beef...I LOVED steak and ground beef and such...now I don't even want it. I would much rather have fish...Same with bread.

    ReplyDelete