Thursday, December 5, 2013

#awesome

Last night, I tried Bulger Wheat for the very first time.  Verdict? DELICIOUS!

I sauteed some onions and mushrooms, added the cup of chicken broth, brought to a boil, then put in 1/2 cup bulger wheat, returned to a boil, then put on low for 10 minutes. It turned out perfect. Combined with my sauteed kale and talapia, it was a good healthy dinner night. I think that the Bulger will be a good addition to my diet, since it is high in protien, like quinoa (which I also love).  The bulger has a different texture--it's a little bit more hearty and chewy, but it turned out really good.

Dinner tonight is the orange soda chicken in the crock pot. I started it this morning. 1 can of Sunkist (that's the only orange soda in the machine at work), 1/2 cup soy sauce, and a TBSP of minced garlic.I plan on thickening the sauce with a little cornstarch for the ELB before serving. I might repeat my bulger recipe to go with the chicken tonight, since I still have chicken broth left from last night. We shall see.

Nothing else is really going on.  Counting down to vacation. Stepping up my search for new professional opportunities (with the blessing of my current manager). I need to get some smaller knitting needles because some of the yarn I got was smaller weight. Wow, I have a boring life!

Later....

No comments:

Post a Comment