Monday, February 11, 2013

Unjury sample pack arrived

Checked the PO box yesterday, and my box from Unjury came.  I guess that $6.99 shipping means expedited.  Contained exactly what it said it would--small shaker jar, food thermometer, and 10 sample packs of the Unjury protien powders. I haven't started trying them yet--I hope to get on that in the next week or so I will know before my surgeon appointment which pre-op diet I am committing to.

Didn't do great this weekend--I ate pizza for the first time since Christmas--but I really was conscious of what I was eating, and I controlled my poritions.  I could have *easily* eaten the entire Buffalo chicken pizza from Papa Johns by myself--but I didn't.  In fact, we ordered it Friday night, and there are still two pieces left out of an 8 slice pie! And I did change up the chicken from breaded to grilled to help with calories. Afraid to do the calorie calcs for that, but I will eventually. 

Sunday, while the ELB was at work, I headed out and picked up a few more items for post surgery life.  I found some awesome small plates at the Goodwill for $1 each (I love fun and funky things), and a tiny backpack purse that will be ideal to carry my new tiny snacks/lunches in when out for the day, and two books. I LOVE the Goodwill--and all the money goes to good causes. 

I also picked up a  3-n-1 Jamie Oliver peeler at TJMaxx for $3.99 that includes the julienning blade (which I have read is great for making vegetable "spaghetti" noodles.

One of my BBF's says that she's already on the surgery calendar for the week after our class ends--but I'm all confused how that can be because I was told that you have to have the 2nd surgeon visit before being able to schedule your surgery date--and her 2nd appintment isn't until next week (just like mine!).

Tomorrow night, class resumes, and I get to step on the scale to see exactly how much damage the pizza has done.  I'm also attending the support group that meets before class to learn about plastic surgery options.  I know it's early, but i know how much weight I plan to lose, and how stretchy and saggy my skin is already--so some sort of skin removal will deffinitely be in my future.

I read that drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning helps to make you healthier by de-alkalining your body, and flushing toxins out--and it helps your skin, too. I don't know--but I bought a bag of lemons at Sams club Friday, and today I actually started my day with warm lemon water.  I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment