Monday, February 4, 2013

The Super Bowl!


Yesterday was Super Bowl Sunday--and for the first time in years, the ELB and I HAD to watch.  Since we live in the lovely city of Baltimore, we are, of course, HUGE RAVENS FANS!

Luckily, we aren't very social, so it wasn't necessary to fend off an outpouring of Super Bowl party invites--and we very happy to plan to watch the game at home in HD--with our own food and bathroom facilities.

As a special treat, I picked up a bag of Tostitos scoops and some Velveeta to make nachos for the big day. This is a rarity for me, as we rarely eat things of this sort--but it was a special occasion.  I couldn't find the baked Tostitos scoops, but forged ahead with our special treats using the regular ones. 

The ELB got a special homemade super secret (I can't even reveal it to you under penalty of having the ELB never talk to me again) plate of awesomeness.  I made chicken fajita nachos for myself using grilled chicken strips, sauteed tri-color peppers and onoins, and the queso dip made with Velveeta and salsa. I counted out about 1.5 portions of chips (13 per serv is 140 cal--so 20 chips), topped it with the grilled chicken, onions, and peppers, and the queso dip (made with an 10oz jar of salsa and 4 oz of Velveeta-around 360 cal for the whole portion of which I only used half).  So, for right around 400 calories, I was able to enjoy some Super Bowl happiness!

In addition to our early afternoon walk that we took to check out the city pre-game, at 11pm, when the game was over, we got dressed and walked downtown AGAIN to see the parties and everyone coming out to celebrate.  It was great because I got in two 45 minute walks!

Happy Monday!

(I'm going to sneak in a weigh in tomorrow night even though I don't have a scheduled class this week, just to keep on track.  Keeping fingers crossed that I was able to continue on the downward trend!)

No comments:

Post a Comment