Friday, March 28, 2014

Small Miracles...

Today, I had an office lunch. I was very lucky, and my business card was drawn out of the bowl at Noodles and Co, to win a lunch for my entire office.

I also took this opportunity to let all of my coworkers know that I would be leaving the company.

Thankfully, Donny behaved today. I ordered the pork mediterranean salad, and had a ciabatta roll with butter. I ate about 1/4 of my salad, the roll, and I was done. No PB. No slime.

Thank you, God! Usually, I have to excuse myself about 10 minutes into a meal to go to the bathroom because I'm having an episode.

I avoided salad for the longest time because I felt that it would be something that would get stuck--like a flap of lettuce would cover my little opening and clog me up. Who knew that salad was a slider?

Guess who will be ordering salad more often when put into social situations that involve food? This girl, that's who!

It's been an awesome day. It's Friday. And even though it's raining, tomorrow will be close to 70! That's a reason to celebrate right there!

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to think maybe I get credit for telling you about salad being "slider food" ? lol :-D I mean with the "wrong" dressing, etc, it can be a bad choice for calories/health...but usually a salad is a pretty good way to go! :-) I feel pretty happy that a salad is usually always something I know I can eat!

    Congratulations on winning the free lunch, glad you were able to enjoy it, glad you are having a great Friday and that you told your coworkers about your plans! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good way to give the news!

    I wish salad was a slider food for me! I miss lettuce! I only eat it at home, because I'd say 60% of the time it makes me sick :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to break it to them though! Very fortuitous.

    I'm ashamed to say that I haven't really eaten a salad since being banded. I'm surprised that they are a slider food too. However....I'm the load it up with bacon bits, sunflower seeds, ramen noodles, ranch dressing kind of gal, so maybe it's best that I just stay away completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved catching up on your blog. Congratulations on the new job and the year anniversary. You should be so proud of all you have done. I can eat salad occasionally...but I load it up with all kinds of stuff. I actually don't like lettuce much...soi eat salad without any lettuce. Lol.

    ReplyDelete