Thursday, March 20, 2014

Up all night....

Lately, I've been waking up coughing. Alot. Almost every single night. I jerk awake feeling like I'm drowning, and then I commence to coughing. And coughing. And coughing.

I have rules that I follow that are supossed to help alleviate this. I don't eat after 8pm. I don't drink anything after 10:30pm. I do my sinus flush as soon as I get home from work, and I do my sinus spray by 9:30. That way, everything has time to drain and settle.

I am coughing up fluid, but it doesn't have food in it. It's not really acidic. It seems like a combination of water and mucous.

I have good restriction (although during my aunt flow week I do get a wee bit tighter than usual). I've been successful at the fill where I am since November.

I'm afraid to start messing with my restriction, because I don't know if my new insurance will allow adjustments. I'm debating about whether a tiny unfill will help--but then I worry that an unfill--even a tiny one--will undo all of the progess I've made so far and cause me to gain.

But I'm starting to think that my coughing is why I'm so tired. I'm not getting good solid sleep.

I don't know if the cough has anything to do with the band and the restriction. It might just be allergies that I may need to take to other doctors for answers.

I go on Wednesday for my one year check in. I will have until the end of April to get any adjustments done under my current insurance.

Any input? Should I be concerned about this?Or should I talk to my surgeon and see what he suggests? I know, I know--talk to my surgeon and let him decide the correct course. :) I just wanted some feedback.

1 comment:

  1. Talk to your surgeon. :) I think waking up coughing like that can't be good for you. If it continues through your appointment, you might want to at least discuss it. If it is a problem it will only get worse.

    ReplyDelete