Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Slow and Steady


Stepped on the scale in class last night.....and I was down 2.5 pounds! I've lost 27.5 pounds since November by sticking to my nutritionist recommended daily calories and by walking. It's coming off slowly, but surely--and I haven't even had surgery yet!

I've tried to start weaning myself off soda and caffiene--but that's easier said than done. I like my daily dose of Diet Dr. Pepper with my lunch, and my cup of hot tea in the mid-morning at work. I know that caffiene isn't good for post surgery--and neither is carbonation. I think that giving up carbonation will be easier.  

I continue to suprise myself by losing weight, even when I don't expect to. However, I am one of those people who prepares for failure so that victory is that much sweeter.  If I go in prepared to have gained--then if I do gain, I'm not going to be beating myself up--but if I go in expecting a loss and I gained--then I'll be more upset. If I go in expecting a gain and I actually get a loss--well, you can see how this impacts me mentally. I did the same thing all through school, too--I would psych myself up to accept a low score on something-and then when I got a great score on a test or quiz or finals--I was elated! I don't know if this is 'healthy' or not, but it works for me!

Onward to 30 pounds down! Only 7.5 pounds to go.  No class next week, but I do have my second nutritionist appointment next Friday to get my pre-op diet and my post-op diet and all that fun stuff.  I already know what to expect because my little BBF group shares alot--but it's one more step to finishing the process!

No comments:

Post a Comment