Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hanging in there...

Made it  back from a wonderful beach vacation last Monday, and then headed back to work on Wednesday. I also had a weigh in. 

While wearing a sweater, the scale said that I had gained 0.6 lbs.  Taking off the sweater, the scale said I had lost 0.8 pounds.  I'm going to err on the side of caution and say that I broke even and maintained during the week I was gone. 

I did eat some foods that I shouldn't have (ice cream! and pizza!) but made relatively good choices the rest of the time. It helped immensely that we had a condo with a kitchen, which allowed us to eat almost all of our meals in, we packed food and took it with us, and I feel that I came back, if not having lost a ton--but feeling that I at least made some progress on learning how to stay on plan during vacation. 

I also walked TONS--on the beach, on the boardwalk, at the outlet mall. One night I did a load of laundry, and the washer/dryer was on the floor below us--and I took the stairs--up and down--about 8x that night--after having walked about 4 miles on the beach. 

Since getting back into the work routine, I've been trying to get back on my eating/exercise schedule. It's always hard to restart things--but I'm working on it. I've been walking more distance/time than before, and I'm still making good food decisions, it feels like. 

I hope that everyone else did good over the holidays, also. I kept in touch with my BBF's via text, and I can't wait for class to resume next week so that we can catch up. 

I will be going to a support group meeting next week. This is part of the requirements for the program.  I don't mind, though, as I recently read that people who have had bariatric surgery and are involved in a support group lose more weight and keep it off better. I'm nervous about going into a new situation--but I am pretty confident that the people in the support group will be inspirational and provide details about their journey. 

I'll let you know what happens next week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment