Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's not quite EPIC, but it is a FAIL


The best laid plans of mice and men.....

So, after an awesome first day of being on pre-op plan (with the slight addition of some canned chicken breast), I got home and went to fix my chicken Unjury soup and roasted cauliflower for dinner.  And somewhere between heating the water for the soup and actually making the soup, I got waylaid by the last serving of some turkey chili I had taken out of the freezer last week....so, I had leftover turkey chili and cauliflower. I didn't get in my last two protien powders--but I think I'm okay because my turkey chili is awesome--and chock full of protien with ground turkey and three types of beans.

Today, I'm off to a good start again.  Shake at 6:30, Cream of Wheat at 8:15, string cheese at 10:30, and then I made greek yogurt dip using 6oz Fage 0% yogurt mixed with 1 scoop of Unjury chicken powder, a dash of black pepper, and then I added 2 oz of shredded chicken breast. I put in the fridge to chill for about an hour, and then ate it with some peeled cucumber slices and baby carrots.  I'm stuffed. (Yes, I added chicken to it, but I really don't feel full without solid protien--it's probably years and years of being raised in a meat/potatos household)

I love greek yogurt, especially the Fage brand--it really reminds me alot of sour cream--so I like to sub it on my chili or a baked potato, or in dips--but to eat plain Fage alone with nothing? I can't get past the "I'm eating a container of sour cream" bit.  Yesterday, I added a Tbsp of Torani SF Raspberry syrup to my Fage to help to sweeten it up.  For some reason, it tasted gross. I won't be doing that flavor again any time soon.

So, slight fail, but not total disappointment in yesterday.  Better to screw up on day one than on day 13, right? I am totally not going to make the same mistake again today! Besides, there's no more chili. But I did go to the grocery store at lunch to pick up more yogurt, red/orange bell peppers, carrots, celery, and cauliflower (because roasted cauliflower is the BOMB).

Onwards to the end of day two--and a good start to my pre-op diet.

Tonight is support group at 4pm, then picking up the ELB from his job tonight before heading home.  I just happen to have my shaker jar with me from breakfast this morning, so before I head out the door, I'll mix up a shake to get me through the afternoon.

Only 13 more days till Surgery!

1 comment:

  1. Your veggie dip sounds SO good. I'm drooling at the thought of any solid food at all. Clear liquids = harder than I thought it'd be. I want to take your advice and try some of that sugar free syrup. I'm thinking some caramel syrup in my chocolate protein shake sounds pretty good. Can you get them at the regular grocery store?

    Woooooo only 12 days now!!!

    ReplyDelete