Monday, March 4, 2013

When I fall, I fall HARD

Last Thursday, the ELB and I packed a bag and headed to my dad's house for the weekend.  We weren't there for pleasure--it was a total work trip.

We spent three days sorting, ridding, organizing, throwing away, and donating a ton of things (5 loads to the Goodwill!) that comprised a culmination of my mothers, my grandmothers, my great-aunt, and my 2nd cousins estates. My dad has moved on after my mom's death (more quickly than I think he should have), and it's up to me to figure out what to keep and what to toss. It's a very hard job, but if I didn't do it, everything would be gone and I wouldn't have any of the memories for any of these women who have so strongly influenced my life.

It was cold! The temperature never got out of the 20's--and the house we were working in did not have heat.  It was dirty--years of dust and dirt and mold and all kinds of nasty crap had accumulated. We wore gloves and asperators the entire time we worked in there. Everything we wore we would have burned if, you know, we were rich and could afford to go out and just replace our clothes--but we aren't-so they were bagged into a garbage bag, and then washed in hot water with oxyclean and Tide and then dried on high to kill anything that lingered.

We made HUGE progress--but it will take at least another week of hard work to get the house to a manageable position. 

The good thing is--we were so busy and consumed with getting things done, I was totally not snacking or thinking about food--or really that hungry at all.  The bad thing is--when we DID stop to eat, everything was fast food.  I stepped on the scale at my surgeons office today to check to the damage..and I was up 3 lbs from my presurgical visit on that scale (which had me at 387.8 two weeks ago).  The other bad part was that eating only junk made my tumbly off. VERY off. And I am still trying to get things back to normal in there. And I didn't drink near enough water--so it could very well be water weight.

I went to pick up my protien shakes and vitamins today, but wasn't able to get my post-op chewable calciums--they were all out of every flavor. I did get the multi-vitamins--but I'll pick up the calciums tomorrow at the hospital pharmacy when I go to visit another BBF--who is having her Rouxen Y procedure done today!

I still need to schedule my UGI and now chest x-ray.  My doctor called today to reschedule my pre-op testing, so I was able to stop by her office and get that done (she is in the same building as my surgeon--#helpful), so my pre-op is now this Friday.  I'm so glad that I didn't rush to get a super early surgery date--I didn't know I would need so much time to get the little things taken care of!

I'll keep plodding along--starting my pre-op diet on Satuday (or maybe Sunday). I have wiggle room since I technically only have to do one week-and am choosing to do two--so if I don't start right on time, I'll still be okay.

I'm starting my official countdown on Saturday--that will be 16 days out. 

Any suggestions on how to get through the pre-op diet without going crazy and eating like, a whole ham or a carton of Little Debbie Cakes? I'll take all the help I can get right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment