Thursday, March 21, 2013

Thursday, and something that I noticed


Back on the subject of Aunt Flow, she is being a TOTAL bitch to me this week. O.M.G.

I've noticed that this time, unlike the past when I'm usually eating everything out of house and home to quell the raging fury/hunger inside, this month it really hasn't been an issue.

Yes, I ate grilled chicken strips and pinto beans on Tuesday night to boost my iron and protien levels. And last night, I had turkey meatballs (homemade) and roasted cauliflower. And do you know what I noticed after both of those meals? I felt yucky after. It was like my body didn't want that AT ALL. I know I needed it--the weakness and being winded after a 1/2 mile walk home was enough to convince me that I am battling the anemia pretty hard--and now I'm worried that if my blood counts are low they won't do my surgery Monday.

I'll admit that I'm tired. Even with eating everything that I'm eating protien wise and trying to get to bed by 10:30, I just feel drained and lethargic. I'm off caffiene so that isn't an option.

Would a muti-vitamin help at this point? I only have today through Sunday to take them--but if I thought they would help me feel better, I would go out and get some today.

I'm still working on how to figure out this whole follower thing on blogger.  And I got a new phone yesterday. I finally joined the world of smartphones and data plans. If nothing else, it will give me access to the internet and words with friends while I'm home for two weeks recovering.

Only FOUR days to go. I'm not nervous. I'm not scared. It's almost like a relief.  I've been working towards this goal for seven months now--so to finally reach the end of the pre-op journey and start the post-op journey--well, I think I'm ready.  I've done everything I can possibly do to prepare.  Now it's up to God (and my surgeon) to get me through to the next step.



No comments:

Post a Comment