Sunday, May 19, 2013

Lazy day

The ELB had been gone all weekend working crazy hours. Since we share a car, I have been house bound all weekend....which is fine because my aunt flow has been kicking my ass.

I whipped up one of my favorite diet friendly recipes for brunch. It turned out super spicy, and I watched my portion size. This is my chicken burrito bowl.

Sliced onion and tricolor peppers sauteed in olive oil. Tyson grilled chicken strips, chopped. 1 can of FF Old el Paso refried beans. 1 can of Rotel tomatoes with chilis. 1 Tbsp McCormick Cajun seasoning. Mix it all together after the onions and peppers are cooked and heat until hot. Top with some shredded reduced fat cheddar and a big dollop of Fage 0% Greek yogurt.

I started making a variation of this during my mushies stage and its a quick and easy lunch or dinner option...and theres a lot of leftovers for some additional meals.

Presurgery, I world have probably eaten an entire pot at one time. I still probably could do it if I really wanted to...but I don't want to. I want to be normal (when it comes to food)...whatever normal is.

Hopefully, Donny is going to help me with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment