Thursday, May 30, 2013
I've never done one of these, and after reading on Rockband Barbies sight, I figured that since I started my post using a listing system anyways, I would try it here for once.
I assume I just type out random things going on in my life? Let me know if I'm doing this right!
1. I'm still feeling kind of glum. Hoping I can shake it off by the weekend. I don't LIKE being all down and depressed. I hate it.
2. I had to move my next fill appointment back a week (moved from June 14 to June 21) because of mandatory work training that was scheduled. At least my surgeon was able to fit me in. At first, I was told it would be three weeks or more and I was ready to cry. I really think I need another fill to get me to the point that I need to be at.
3. I've been making myself walk every single day--even though the humidity and heat has really taken off this week. I've been getting to work by 7:30 and walking for 30 minutes first thing in the morning, because by noon the temps are hovering around 90. Some days I walk faster than others--but I figure as long as I'm moving, that's all that counts. And some days I walk again at night--but if I don't get my night walk, I can at least say that I've gotten some exercise in.
4. I have been eating ALOT of kale lately. I get it at the farmers market ($2 for two pounds). I braise it up and then can eat it for a week. It just tastes good. The baby girl and I have alot more diet things in common now. I steal her carrots, too.
5. Today, I smashed my coworkers fingers in the power window on my car. I feel SUPER BAD about it. I don't think anything is broken, but her finger is pretty swollen and it got a little skinned up. :( I'm so sorry!
6. I have a dentist appointment today for a six month cleaning. I developed a pretty bad case of night grinding when my mom went into hospice last year--and it really destroyed my teeth so I have at least 4 (maybe 6 by now) crowns that need to be installed. I can't chew on the right side at all. I wake up and find myself CHEWING on my mouthgaurd like it's a piece of gum or something. Sometimes, I dream that I'm eating and wake up chewing. W.T.F.
7. Oh, did I mention how much I DREAD dental work, and how much I know that this stuff is going to hurt? And cost?
8. Lemonade Mio is AWESOME. It tastes just like Countrytime Lemonade. I mix up and drink one bottle a day (because honestly, I could drink it in every bottle of water if I don't limit myself). And I've found it makes a pretty good tasting protien shake (using unflavored or vanilla Unjury).
9. My goal for this summer is to try to get to bed by 10:30 pm every night during the week. I'm working on it. I know that sleep is important for weight loss, so I thought I'd try this to help. And since I usually start my day at 5:30, I should hit around 7 hours a night. Fingers crossed!
10. I still HATE HATE HATE the chewable calciums, and don't take them as much as I should. I can force the chewable vitamin down okay--but with all of my teeth issues (and the grossness of the calcium) I don't know how much more I can take. Seriously, my stomach SHUDDERS at the thought of the calciums. Seriously, I can physically feel my stomach retract.
Wow, I made it to ten. I struggled a bit at the end, but that was fun. Not that you guys really care about any of this crappy randmomness that makes up my life--but oh well, I tried.