Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Tuesday stuff

Today, my coworkers did a mini-birthday party for me. The tradition in my office is, the current birthday person gets to choose their type of deal (either breakfast or dessert). Breakfast parties are usually Panera Bagels and fruit salad. Dessert parties are a dessert of the birthday persons choice. The person who had the last birthday plans/provides for the current birthday person. The current birthday person then plans/provides for the next birthday person. It's a cycle, and it works pretty well.

Usually, I ask my birthday provider to make this Italian wedding cake thing that has ricotta cheese in it and chocolate whipped frosting. This year, I was a rebel and asked for an ice cream sundae bar. It wasn't crazy.  Brownies, vanilla ice cream, fudge/caramel sauce, and cherries. I was SO good. Small brownie, 1/2 scoop of vanilla ice cream, drizzle of caramel and fudge....and 8 marachino cherries. I LOVE marachino cherries.

I went out to lunch with a coworker and had french onion soup and a baguette from Panera. Not perfect food wise--but holding my own.

The ELB and I are going grocery shopping tonight to procure supplies. We slacked off last week since we were going to be gone most of the time...so now it's time to restock. I also hope to have a chance to look for a new pair of tennis shoes. I like my Nikes, but I think they are too 'soft'. I walk hard. I like shoes that have a more firm sole--trail runners are good for that. These are running shoes, but have that full foam sole and it doesn't feel as supportive. I just hate shopping for shoes.

So, that's my day, in a nutshell. I have my grocery list. I have some coupons. Let's get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment