Monday, November 4, 2013

New Resolve




Yes, I know, it's THAT post again. The one that I write every so often that says I'm going to do better. I'm going to eat better. I'm going to get back on track. Yeah, I know--the start post of another set of failure.

This time will be different. I spent my weekend being a slug. I ate way too many cookies. I didn't exercise, even though I have an elliptical right in the kitchen that I paid almost $1000 for a few years ago. I was crampy and bloated and tired and headachy.

But today is Monday. Today is the start of a brand new week! I have 1.5 weeks until my next weigh in/fill appointment.

I am starting with a brand new food journal this morning, even though my last one still had about two weeks worth of pages in it. I am going to stick with my vitamins. I am going to walk every day (or use the elliptical--or BOTH!). I will try to get down as much water as possible. I will eat protiens and vegetables, and will do my best to stay away from the carbohydrate calories in things like cookies, ice cream, bread, and candy. I can't guarantee that I will be excellent at this one, but I will significantly reduce the amount that I eat of them.

It's so hard to get back into the right frame of mind when you've let yourself stray. It takes resolve and dedication and, yes, some HELLA willpower. I've let myself become lazy and I can't keep going like this. I'm already afraid that November 13 will show me with a gain. I do NOT want to see a gain!

But I can do this. I will take each day as it comes. I will NOT buy junk food. I will stop visiting the candy bowls of my coworkers. I will stick with what food I bring to work. I WILL do better. I will be the best me that I can be.

It's going to be hard. I'll go through withdrawal. I'll be hungry. I'll probably be bitchy. But in 7-10 days, I will feel better. I have done it before, I can do it again! The trick is sticking with it long term.

1 comment: