Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The things we do when we are tired

Last night, I didn't get to bed until after 2am.  I wake up at 5:30.

Today, I am not doing too badly, but then again, I convinced myself that to get through the morning, I would need breakfast. More specifically, a McDonalds McGriddle with coke breakfast.

I did not get said McDonalds breakfast--but I did get a bacon/egg/cheese biscuit from Chickfila and a medium Dr. Pepper.

I KNOW that I can't eat solid food in the mornings. And yet I continue to think that some days, I should be able to. I WANT to. It took me over an hour, but I ate my biscuit bit by tiny bit.  I had a few close calls with sliming when I took a sip of my drink (I know, cardinal band rule #1), but I was able to not have any episodes.

Soup is on the horizon for lunch--if I'm even hungry at that point.

The snow is coming hard and fast and should be here tonight and all day tomorrow. How much will we get? Who knows.  The latest predictions put us in the range of anywhere from 6 inches - 14 inches. It's all just a crapshoot. The only thing for relative certain is that it will definitely arrive--unlike the two storms over this past weekend that kind of fizzled out without any real impact.

I'm ready to get this day done. I want to go home, do my elliptical, and then hunker down with the ELB for snuggles on the couch.

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment