Monday, September 9, 2013

my weekend....

Was ok!

Since I've gotten older, I think I've turned into a bit of a homebody. I like to spend time at home, especially after being at work all week.

The ELB had to work on Friday/Saturday at a volleyball tournament, so I was left to my own devices.

Friday night, I used the leftover brown rice/veggies and some of the roast beef to make a quick fried rice dish. Basically, I just heated it all up in a pan, scrambled an egg into it, and then added some soy sauce. I didn't get stuck, but it did fill me up pretty quick. I fell asleep on the couch at 7:45, and woke up at 10. Then fell asleep on the couch again at 12 and woke up at 2 a.m. Went to bed, and had to get the ELB up by 8 for him to head out. I had a migrain all day Saturday. I ordered Papa Johns for dinner for the ELB, and I had two slices of pizza and some of the cheese bread. He ate the rest over Friday/Saturday. Yay me!

On Saturday, I used the turkey burger I had cooked previously to make a turkey taco bowl. Turkey burger, 1/2 pack of taco seasoning, can of pinto beans (rinsed). Heated it all up together, and then topped with some pepper jack cheese and a dollop of Fage 0% greek yogurt. It made three 1-cup servings.

Sunday, we rode out to Lancaster to the outlet malls. I had to exchange a pair of shoes I had gotten last month because they were falling apart after two weeks of wear. We hit a few other stores, came home remarkably empty handed (did two even exchanges, I bought a gift for my party on Wednesday, and a box of cereal at Target). Dinner was turkey spaghetti made with the remainder of the cooked turkey burger and whole wheat pasta. I had one serving and the rest will be dinner tonight, and maybe dinner tomorrow night.

So, in my life before LapBand, I loved cereal. Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds, to be exact. I have not had this in probably a year. The past few weeks, I have gone into the kitchen looking for cereal and milk--and of course, since the ELB doesn't eat cereal or milk--I don't have any cereal--although I do drink alot of Silk with my daily coffee.

I bought a box of my HBOA, but I'm almost afraid to try it. I'm learning what I can and cannot eat lately which gives me some food anxiety because I don't want to get stuck.

Is cereal a good idea or bad idea?

1 comment:

  1. my opinion? Bad idea. its all carbohydrates...the milk gives some protein, but not enough to make that your meal. You are better off with an egg or similar.

    But...I also know the cravings. (my personal favorite has always been honey nut cheerios)...

    Maybe use it as a once a month snack/treat?

    ReplyDelete