Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The first step is the hardest

I am recommiting to eating right, starting today.

Today, I am determined to stay UNDER 1500 calories. I know that I can do this. The hardest part is telling myself "NO". I ran an errand at lunch, and on the way back, I was thinking, I am SO hungry--I should just run through the drive thru at (insert fast food place here). I can get something small that wouldn't put me over today. It will be okay.

Thankfully, the ELB was driving and took me right back to my office, no stops allowed. I love that man. I told him when I started this journey that there would be times that I need him to be my voice of reason. That he will have to be strong enough to tell me no. That as much as he would hate it, I would depend on him to help me stay on track. He knows that I want to be successful, and he knows that I have to make alot of sacrifices to reach that goal. But he's in it with me, and that's all that matters.

So, I'm back at work, and still hungry. I usually do awesome at work, but this morning was thrown off because I forgot my Silk for my protien iced coffee, so I didn't get that extra protien boost this morning that I normally would have. Instead, I had to settle for iced tea and a breakfast sandwich. Probably why I've been hungrier than usual today.

Here's to getting through the rest of the day without eating my own hand!

3 comments:

  1. hunger is half mental. overload on water, it will help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should keep some protein bars at your desk! Or if you have a fridge put some protein shakes in it...I've learned that preparation is what keeps me from heading to that drive thru when i really don't want to have to cook myself or I'm just hungry.

    ReplyDelete