Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Six months ago today....


I said yes to the rest of my life with LapBand.

I have not regretted the decision.

Do I regret some of the decisions that I make with what I eat which have slowed my progress--yes, but not the choice to have the surgery.

I was out of control with my eating and weight gain. I knew that unless I did something drastic, that would only continue to go up. I weighed 428 lbs when I started the journey. That was August 27, 2012. Today, my weight starts with a 3...and will hopefully be in the 350's when I go this afternoon. And by this time next year--my weight will start with a 2. I haven't weighed in the 2's since high school.

Since getting my surgery, although my progress is slower than some, my weight has come down. My numbers at my doctors office today--six months post surgery, are awesome.

A1C--6.6 (drop from 6.8 just three months ago!)
Blood pressure--112/72
Triglycerides--144 (should be less than 150)
HDL (good) Cholesterol--51 (should be more than 50)
LDL (bad) Cholesterol--145 (should be less than 100)

So, my LDL is still high--but not as high as it was six months ago.  My dad also has high cholesterol--so it might be genetics, but my PCP wants to check it again in six months. She's confident that with continued exercise and weight loss, I can bring that number down, too, without the need for medication. How awesome is that?

I go to see my surgeon tonight about getting a fill, but now I'm wondering if he will let me have one. At my PCP today, according to her scale, I've lost 5 lbs since my visit on Aug 29. The scale at the surgeons weighs differently, so we will see.

Right now, I'm ejoying some Chobani 0% yogurt mixed with SF jello cheesecake pudding mix and some madagascar bourbon vanilla. I topped it with a dab of Trader Joes Pumpkin butter....delicious! It's like eating pumpkin cheesecake! And I only had half of my chickfila grilled chicken wrap for lunch. No walk today, but will take care of that when I get home.

Isn't it an awesome day? Hope you are all having awesome days, too!


2 comments:

  1. Cheers to awesome days! And you are doing smashingly well. Thumbs up from this fellow lapbander...

    ReplyDelete