Tuesday, October 1, 2013

An open letter to my Brain

Dear Brain,

Stop trying to tell me I am hungry when I am not.

Stop trying to get me to eat candy and stuff that I don't need....and honestly, have NO room for in my tummy right now.

Stop trying to tell me it's okay to shove crap in my pie-hole, even when I just slimed on water--because you told me I needed a cracker. I didn't need a cracker. And I didn't need that half of a carrot cake cupcake I ate after lunch. That pushed me a little too far from being satisfied to uncomfortable.

Stop trying to tell me that I'm tired, and that instead of going home and taking a nice long walk with the ELB that I should put on jammies and sit on the couch instead. I AM tired, but it's a pretty day, and I am going to go on a walk, damnit.

Just stop it already. I love you Brain--but we have got to learn to get along. I want to be different--and you need to get on board with that--otherwise, I will always be a fat girl stuck in a fat body. And I don't want to be a fat girl anymore...I never wanted that, but that's exactly what I am.

That's why I got this little nifty tool to help me (and you, Brain). You just need to listen to it more, and understand that when it says 'no more', it means "NO MORE" and to stop trying to make it take more. Donny is here to help me (us), and she can't do that if you won't listen to her. Yes, Brain, I outsourced my stomach, because you didn't want to deal with it. Now you have to accept that you are no longer in charge of that part of my body. Unfortunately, you still control my eyes (that see food), and my nose (that smells food), and my tongue (that tastes everything)...and the hands that assist you with your devious plans. I look like an idiot fighting with myself, so unless you want to live in a padded room, you need to knock it off.

Get over it, Brain. What's done is done--and we have to accept change and move on. And you need to be the biggest change agent there is. I can't do this without you.

Love, Luka 

2 comments: