Monday, October 21, 2013

Nothing new to talk about

Sorry for the lack of posts--I like to post every day, when possible--but I really haven't had anything witty or useful to say lately.

So, here's a manic Monday recap of my life since my last post:

1.  I went and talked to the people about the 'opportunity' last week. It went well, even though I had to suck it up and wear a suit. I hate wearing suits. There were two internal candidates, so if they decided to go outside, I was going to be sent up for a meeting--but so far, no word. I assume it went to one of the internal candidates. No worries, what will be will be.

2. I went pant shopping last week, and tried on approximately 42 pairs of pants in a range of sizes from 26-32.  I could fit every single pair ON, but none of them looked nice enough to buy, even after making the worst decision of my life and trying on a pair of Spanx. OMG< how the HELL do people wear those things EVERY SINGLE DAY? I could never torture myself in this capacity BY CHOICE! I ended up walking out of two stores with nothing but some wasted time.

3. I made some Mexican turkey meatballs on Friday night. 1lb turkey, 1 egg, 1 pack taco seasoning, 1 can of diced chilies, 1/4 c ketchup, and about 1/2 c oatmeal. Mix it all together, and porition into a mini-muffin tin. Bake about 20 minutes.  They weren't as spicy as I had hoped, but they tasted good.

4. I didn't make my chicken salad for the week, nor did I make anything over the weekend. I am being lazy. Yesterday, I sat and read a book. I mean, I did wash the dishes and I ran a load of laundry--but other than that, I was a slug. It felt good.

5.  The weather is gorgeous! I walked in 40 degree temps this morning. Unfortunately, it's going to be dropping down futher this week after it rains tomorrow--highs in the 50's, and lows at night in the 30's--which means we have to turn the heat on. :( I hate running the heat.

6.  Completely random--I'm on level 147 of Candy Crush--and I have NEVER paid for a single thing to play, nor have I bugged people on facebook for lives. I consider that a huge accomplishment. :) Besides, I really don't use FB, so that isn't such a big deal.

7.  BTW, I really really really hate my clothes. I want so badly to go and buy new sweaters and cute things for fall--but I refuse to invest in clothes until I see some movement on the scale. And I don't think the scale is moving. I'll probably be getting another fill on November 13.

8.  I bought a bunch of books over the weekend. I love books, and I love looking at books. My friends are all like, "why don't you get an eReader already?" And I'm all like, "I'm poor...and besides, what if something Revolution-esque were to actually happen? That eReader would be USELESS!". Yeah, I actually think about things like that. I already have my game plan worked out, if something like that ever does happen.

9.  The ELB and I rented "This is the end" on Saturday. From the previews, we thought it would be non-stop laughs--but honestly, it was ALOT more thought provoking than either of us expected. Alot of religous references and it seemed to have a moral--totally unexpected. It kind of put me in mind alot of "Dogma".

10.  And just because I'm kind of like Monk, I like to end things on a positive number. So number 10 is just a Happy Monday to everyone! #haveagreatday

No comments:

Post a Comment