Wednesday, October 30, 2013

C'mon Wednesday! Hit me with your best shot!

I started taking my vitamins again on Monday. I have taken one a day. I hate them so much as chewables, that I actually crush them up, mortar/pestle style, and then do them with a shot of whatever I happen to be drinking. Added bonus--they don't leave residual in my teeth that will perpetuate their grossness! Much easier to take them this way. I haven't noticed a change, good or bad, since restarting--but I'm going to give it the good old fashioned 90 day effort (because I had a brand new unopened bottle of 90).

I went and got my hair chopped off last night. It had been two months since my last cut, and it had actually grown out alot--probably thanks to the biotin that I take. Either way, I'm good until Christmas with hair. I'll probably go the week before the holidays to get it done before vacation.

It was raining here this morning, which prevented me from getting a walk in. Boo! I LOVE my morning walks. It just gives me a good start to the day--but maybe I'll be a good girl and pull out the elliptical tonight. Or maybe I'll go home, make something delicious (BBQ turkey loaf, anyone), and just watch some TV. And try to ignore the three candy bars (okay, 2.5 candy bars) that I bought this morning at the grocery store. I couldn't help it--they were buy 2, get 1 free. I'm a sucker for candy sales. Usually, I'm not even a candy girl, but with Aunt Flow showing up this morning--all bets are off.

So, this morning, I stopped at the grocery store to get some breakfast, because it was raining, and I had time to kill. I originally wanted to go to Burger King to get french toast sticks as a treat, but when I got there at 7:30, none of the outside lights were on, there was noone in the restaurant--so I assumed they were closed. At the grocery store, I got a small pack of deli style lunch meat (2oz, perfect for snacking!), and a lunchable.

I pulled out the deli style meat, and was eating it while driving to the office. And I got stuck on the second bite. So, it sucked. Badly. I got in, thought it had passed since I wasn't sliming--and decided to finish the few remaining bites. And I got stuck again. Sigh. This one caused me to slime. And while I'm sitting at my desk, trying to not let my manager see me sliming (because noone knows about my surgery, and she would assume that I have the flu and send me home b/c it looks like I'm throwing up), I discretely pulled out a baggie, and tried to do it into that--and missed. Half of it made it in--the other half landed on a pile of folders on my desk. It wouldn't have been so bad, but I had taken a drink of my morning protien coffee to try to help it through--so it came up all brown and blechy looking.

So yeah, that's my morning. Luckily, noone saw me get gross, none of it landed on my clothes, and the only victim was an easily replaced manilla folder. And I get to look forward to a lunch of soup...and probably a dinner of soup (the ELB will get the BBQ turkey loaf).

Hope your day is going better than mine!


  1. lol I thought I was the genius inventor of protein coffee lol. I mix 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder with coffee and 2 splenda. Damn, I guess now I can't patent it.

  2. LOL...I use 8-12 oz of soy milk mixed with a scoop of Unjury protien, a shot of SF torani syrup, and then a doublshot of instant coffee (usually about 4-6 oz). So, not really the same! But its the only caffiene i have all day--so without it, i drag.

  3. lol...what a day. The sliming is the worst. I could go the rest of my life and not ever do that again and be just fine with it.