Thursday, January 9, 2014

I'm in Hell (and I don't mean Michigan)

So, during this arctic vortex, our pipes froze on Monday night.

Yesterday, we finally had running water again---along with FOUR pipe ruptures that resulted in massive flooding of our kitchen, laundry room and basement.

The pipes got fixed, but now there are huge cut away pieces of drywall that need to be replaced. And I have a ton of laundry to do, since all of my work clothes were soaked in the water that burst through the wall of the laundry room. And I need to buy new rugs for the kitchen. And I still haven't had a shower since Monday morning--and I'm feeling pretty narsty right now.

And I'm trying to eat everything to deal with the stress.

I did pretty good yesterday. I KNOW I was under my calories. Way under, probably, because I didn't have the opportunity to eat.

Today, I'm hungry as a hostage and trying to convince myself that I want to eat so many different things.

For example, I saw a commercial for the Nature Valley soft baked granola bars. They look delicious.  that was followed by a commercial for McDonalds egg mcmuffin. OMG, did I want an egg mcmuffin this morning. 

Instead, I bypassed McDonalds--came to work, made my protien coffee, and then ate a Nutrigrain breakfast bar. 300 calories total. Now, to get out of the office park and bypass all of the yummy fast food places on the way--Mickey D's, Taco Bell, BK, Wendys....the list goes on and on and on.

Sigh.

Crazy Crazy days.

I'm just getting myself through by looking forward to a nice hot shower tonight.

And BTW, I've actually been to Hell (Michigan). It's a nice little spot on the map to visit--in the summer!

2 comments:

  1. Im sorry about your pipes. Ours froze this week too for about 30 hours. but did not burst thank goodness. hang in there and try to over come all those yummy food choices when you leave work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! thats the worst of cold weather! What a mess...and a pain in the arse...and all of that jazz....lots of my neighbors had the same issue, but thankfully my house seems to have escaped the polar vortex curse! Good job bypassing the fastfood on the way into work. Every day these successes will add up until they are you reaching your goals!!!

    ReplyDelete