Friday, January 24, 2014

There (might) be a storm a brewin'!

It's winter. It's FREAKING FRIGID out.

So, the ELB and I have been staying in. Cooking at home. Eating better food, and for less money. I don't know if its making a difference in my weight loss, but it can't hurt, right? I usually allow myself one day a week to have lunch out--and I didn't even do that this week! Saving money and calories!

Today was grocery day. I went before work (and still got to the office by 7:40!). The ELB got an assortment of frozen pizzas, chicken nuggets, potatos, and I bought things to make him homemade lemon poundcake this weekend. I got stuff to make noodleless lasagna, and turkey meatballs. Luckily, I have a good supply of soup/chili fixin's already stocked.

I am so looking forward to lasagna. I haven't made it in a while, but it's so delicious, even without noodles. I might even sneak some kale in there! Or I might get an eggplant!

Anyways, happy Friday. Stay warm! and Eat well! :)

1 comment:

  1. Me too! There is something about the winter time that makes me just want to hole up in the house and eat comfort food. I tried really hard this week to make it as healthy as possible. It has been SUPER cold in Little Rock, so I can't even imagine how it must feel in Baltimore.

    And speaking of Baltimore....Berger Cookies. Oh.My.God. Are you a fan?

    ReplyDelete