Monday, July 22, 2013

Another recipe that I didn't like

It was too hot to do anything this weekend, so the ELB and I did nothing. We only opened the door long enough to grabe the paper and mail, and that's it. But I did do some elliptical on Saturday. Go me!

I made kale chips. It was an experiment..and probably one that I will not be repeating.

If you didn't already know, I LOVE KALE. I like to cook it and eat it in many different ways. And I've seen the bags of kale chips at Trader Joes but couldn't justify spending $3 for a little bag of air when I can get a huge bag of real fresh kale from the farmers market for only $2.

I tried it. It was...interesting. Here's the before and after. Disclaimer--I did actually divide the before kale between two baking sheets b/c it needed room. I just didn't like the taste of them when they were done.

Before:


After:

I ate most of the kale chips, but when I made dinner, I actually ended up adding them to my veggie mix and rehydrating them because I didn't want them to go to waste.

I go for my 4 month followup--3rd fill appointment on Wednesday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I see a measurable loss this month. I have upped my exercise, lowered my calories, and have been working hard to fix some of my eating habits (mainly not drinking while eating and waiting 30 mins after eating to drink). So, we will see what happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment