Friday, July 5, 2013

Totally random awesome(ness)

Some totally awesome randomness:

My company changed their minds again about letting us go early on Wednesday, and my friends were able to change plans once again to meet up for drinks. I totally went over my calories on Wedneday--but I'm not letting it get me down. I had my (awesome) peach moonshine margarita, and chips and dip and 1/2 of a lunch size steak quesadilla. Everyone had a great time, and we were super happy we were able to to afterall!

Yesterday, I made apple cinnamon oatmeal zucchini bread. And it is DELICIOUS! And not so bad for you, either. I'll post the recipe below.I didn't think to take a picture to post with it.  

This morning, I put on my jeans (that I have to dry in the dryer now to get them to fit a little bit better until they bag out), and realized that they are looser than last Friday when I wore them. NSV! I asked the ELB if I thought I was imagining things, and he said no, that they were baggier today than last week. That motivated me to do 4 laps this morning in 15 mins, despite the crazy humidity. I'm also walking 4 laps at lunch with my friend before we eat.

The office is dead today--only three of us in our department (out of 8). The rest of the building is also on skeleton crew. I actually don't mind working the day after a holiday so much--the phones usually stay quiet, and even though I'm covering for my coworker--it's not that bad! Countdown to 4:30!

So, here's my awesome recipe!

Lukas kick-ass awesome zucchini bread (that's kinda healthy for you)

1 3/4 cups shredded zucchini (not the seeds though, squeezed in papertowels to remove excess water--save the insides for something else--I ate them later with some shirataki noodles)
1 medium apple, peeled and shredded--but throw the core away
1 3/4 cups of oatmeal (I used quick cook but traditional rolled should work, too)
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar
dash of salt
1 3/4 cups of flour
3/4 cups sugar free apple sauce
cinnamon (I used alot--like 1TBSP)
Vanilla (about 2 TBSP)
3/4 cup Smart Balance oil
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder

Okay, so you mix together the sugar, vanilla, eggs, and apple sauce until blended.  Add the squeezed zucchini and shredded apple and stir up really good.

In another bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, and stir until blended. Add to the egg mixture and stir until well mixed. You want it to be kind of wet--that extra moisture will be absorbed by the oatmeal.

Put into two greased loaf pans and bake at 350 for 50 mins. Remove, and cover with a clean dish towel for about 30 minutes--then remove from the pans and put on baking rack to finish cooling.

It turned out really good! I brought in one loaf to work today to share. Let me know if you try it.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment