Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Crap day


It's blechy and rainy and humid and gross out. I have totally been rocking my new Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and a ceramic brush to blow out my hair--today, I didn't even waste the time. I just scrunch moussed it up and let it fly.

No girls night out. My work hours were changed today and we had to cancel. I told the others they could go ahead and go without me, but they said it wouldn't be the same without me. I was really looking forward to trying the peach moonshine margarita at Don Pablos tonight, but instead, we are going to head to Noodles and Co for lunch. I've been researching my options all morning and have decided on the Chicken Med flatbread sandwich and a side of the tomato bisque soup. 490cals total. I have good friends.

I walked this morning before the rain showed up. We are stuck between two weird pressure systems, and every day this week has been muggy, blechy, gross, and rainy with intermittant spots of no rain and a dash of sunshine thrown in--just enough to make it hotter and more gross--and to make you miss the sun when it leaves again.

No plans for tomorrow. The ELB and I are not really holiday people. Besides, Baltimore is kind of having this problem with shootings lately. As of this morning, there have been 44 shootings in the city since June 21. Not everyone dies from being shot, but the poverty, high crime, prevelance of guns, and heat make for interesting bed fellows.  Our murder numbers have already passed last year at this time--and it's looking like Baltimore might reach a new record high by the end of the year. Not exatly a cause for celebration.   

The city does an awesome fireworks display over the Inner Harbor, the same harbor where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner. The harbor is only six blocks from our house (about a mile). We have lived here four years, and have yet to go--we watch it on TV. There is too much violence and too many tourists to justify it. Why invite trouble?

I know this is a rambling post today. Sorry about that. I have procured more zucchini from the abundance that was brought in today, and am contemplating trying to create an oatmeal/apple/cinnamon zucchini bread tomorrow. Don't worry--I like to bake alot--but I also know that I can't keep it around--so it will be coming to work on Friday for coworkers to share. I am also planning to make the flourless pizza crust that Hollee posted on her blog. That's all for me. 

Happy July 3rd.



No comments:

Post a Comment